[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Reconstructing the Terrestrial end-Cretaceous Paleoenvironments in Europe- Congress 2014
Find below information on a multidiscipliary meeting about the Maastrichtian
paleoenvironments and Cretaceous-Paleogene boundary.
"Reconstructing the Terrestrial end-Cretaceous Paleoenvironments in Europe"
September 16-20th, 2014.
Aims and scope
This congress is a multidisciplinary meeting devoted to recent paleontological
and geochronological advances, both in the marine and continental records,
which allow envisaging the Maastrichtian and its boundaries under a global and
The organizers outlined various significant topics that hopefully will be of
- Geology and geochemistry of the paleoenvironmental changes.
- Biostratigraphy and geochronology. The Cretaceous-Paleogene boundary.
- Marine changes. Correlation with the terrestrial record.
- Successions and paleobiogeography of vertebrate and invertebrate faunas.
- Climatic and vegetation trends.
The Organizing Committee is planning a comprehensive congress with
multidisciplinary scientific program including plenary conferences and
communications. Participants will also have the opportunity to explore the
geologic and paleontologic record of the Tremp basin by means of two fieldwork
Early bird registration before May 30th with reduced registration fees