RE: Gobipipus, new enantiornithine from Mongolia and other new Mesozoic bird papers

The cladogram's more mainstream because they just added Gobipipus to a version
of Clarke's bird matrix (specifically the one in the Archaeorhynchus
description, which lacked any actual putative basal enantiornithines).
Confuciusornis is actually very easy to move to Enantiornithes in that matrix,
which Andrea Cau recently also found to be true for O'Connor's more terribly
coded bird matrix.  Note Kurochkin et al. claim that "the clade Ornithothoraces
disappears" and leaves the enant+ornithuromorph clade as Pygostylia, but
Ornithothoraces was named three years earlier and defined six years earlier.
Pygostylia being named by Chatterjee is surely just a coincidence.  Given
Chatterjee's record of misidentifications and idealized figures that don't
match observations by others, I have no confidence in the descriptive part of
the paper.  Given his miscoding 46% of his original Protoavis analysis, I have
no confidence in Gobipipus' codings.  Protoavis is not mentioned.

Mickey Mortimer