Archaeopteryx wings

Group,

I am carving a life-sized Archaeopteryx, based on measurements taken
from a replica of the Berlin specimen.  I am having trouble
visualizing the wing "fingers".  Images of reconstructions and
sculptures vary in how the fingers are portrayed.  The first of the
three digits appears to be free in most reconstructions and the second
is the site of wing feather attachment and usually barely shows,
except for the claw.  However, the third digit appears sometimes as
free and sometimes as mostly covered by feathers. I would like to have
the carving be as close as possible to the best information about wing
appearance.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

JM Norton