Flooding in Burpee Museum collections

Good morning,

I don't know how many of you heard the news, but the Burpee Museum of
Natural History in Rockford, IL, had a flooding episode due to a burst
pipe.

The staff and their friends spent Boxing Day rescuing specimens from the
storage facilities in the basement.

Here is the local news report:
http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Water-Pipe-Break-Floods-Burpee-Museum-237347661.html

More news to come as it emerges.

And my thoughts go out to Scott Williams and his staff in this unpleasant
addition to the holiday season!

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216