Re: flock, schlock - was poor Einiosaurus

I believe that "flock" tends to convey a sense of volancy and or smallness, and
is less than apt for nonvolant dinos, especially carnivorous ones -- maybe
swarm, band, troop, or pride would be better than pack, which indeed has
overtones of cooperative behavior.

That said, my ear finds "herd" to be entirely acceptable for large herbivores...