Re: Comment on Longrich et al. 2012

Okay, I was truncated.

My request was just to know the subject of the comment by Nudds. I just found
access to the comment (I had some script-blocks turned on, causing problem
before).

This is the first paragraph (summary) of the comment by Nudds. It is about 20%
of the length of the comment (so no copyright issues):

Nudds (2013); comment on Longrich et al (2012):

1st paragraph (summary):
The recent paper by Longrich et al. [1]
proposes a new primitive form of wing feather arrangement in early
flying birds and hence a new scenario for the evolution of the avian
wing. Central to their hypothesis is that the primary feathers of
Archaeopteryx lithographica were overlaid by long covert feathers.
These, proposed coverts were previously interpreted as dorsally
displaced remiges [2, 3] or a second set of impressions made by the wing [4] .

Here, I show that the 3 pieces of evidence proposed in support of the feathers
being coverts and not primary feathers are either flawed
or baseless.

For full text:
http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822%2812%2901194-3#Comments

Denver Fowler