Re: Feduccia on bird origins (again)

> Some of Feduccia's claims are outright lies; for example, he
> states that the BANDit paper by James & Pourtless (2009) has never
> been "cited in recent paleontological literature".

Oh, I don't think that's a lie. I think it's bullshit: he doesn't know or care
whether it's true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshit#Harry_Frankfurt.27s_concept

Every one of Feduccia's publications on this topic, at the very least since his
1996 book, provide ample demonstration that he doesn't follow the
non-euornithean dinosaur literature, because he's simply not interested in
those animals. And yet, he keeps making grandiose pronouncements about this
very topic -- based on whatever he read in the 1970s or earlier -- whenever it
suits him, as if science stagnated outside his field.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScienceMarchesOn

I frankly wonder if this is the last post before Section 8c will be extended to
include him.