RE: Feduccia on bird origins (again)

>From what I recognize of the names, I will make the assumption that each of
>those he acknowledges in this "paper" is a proponent of the MANIAC/BAND
>"fields:" Zhou Zhinghe, Larry Martin, Theagarten Lingham-Soliar, David
>Burnham, Stephan Czerkas. Francis James and Carla Dove are associates of
>Storrs Olsen, whose rant against the "Birds are Dinosaurs" groups (i.e., most
>scientists not named here). I previously mentioned Dove in regards to her
>paper with Lorian Straker here, where her analysis attempted to cast doubt on
>the association of feathers in Campanian amber:
>http://qilong.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/canadian-amber-fin-tailed-dinosaurs-and-a-despairing-blogger/

Indeed, it seems this "paper" has had no review whatsoever, on top of the
absent of coherent and relevant research, or any realistic understanding of the
last decade of archosaurian systematics. Has Feduccia gained editorial freedom
to publish whatever screed he wishes?

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)