Re: Why most students can't draw accurate dinosaurs and other news

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, Dann Pigdon wrote:

On Wed, Feb 13th, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Ben Creisler <bcreisler@gmail.com> wrote:

Some recent news stories that may be of interest:

Dinosaur art

Why most students can't draw accurate dinosaurs

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/Feb13/TRex.html

One of the reasons why the upright T.rex might still be popular is because it
makes for a much
more stable plastic model that remains upright more easily.

Actually, what occurred to me is that because the animal is bipedal,
the wont is to render like a (bipedal) human.  I would be curious
how birds get drawn in comparision.

The stability notion, as shown in the link as

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/Feb13/dino2.jpg

is one I've wondered about and even emailed to the list about. "B" in
link looks unbalanced. How could the creature ever stood still, or was
it doomed to an Alice in Wonderland like solution of always running? ;)

I think people unconsciously recognize that as unbalanced and try to
"correct" it.