Ceratopsid sexual dimorphism lecture and other stuff

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

The Royal Tyrrell Museum lecture series continues with a January talk
now online about ceratopsid sexual dimorphism:

Searching for the Sexes in Dinosaur Horns
Benjamin Borkovic - University of Calgary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnLZA4AlKaI&list=PLE5C051E20D553713&index=1

===

Tyrannosaurus rex lecture by Tom Holtz

For anyone in the Seattle area, Tom Holtz will give a talk about T.
rex on March 8, 2013, in conjunction with the Burke Museum's Dino
Days. The talk is free but requires preregistration. For info and
registration, see:

The Life and Times of Tyrannosaurus Rex

http://engage.washington.edu/site/Calendar?id=110662&view=Detail

===

Creepy Japanese Dinosaur dolls

The traditional Japanese doll festival  (March 3) gets a new twist
with these definitely UN-Barney-like entries:

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/cool_japan/fun_spots/AJ201302170010

In Japanese:
http://www.fukuishimbun.co.jp/localnews/dinosaur/40352.html

video
http://www.news24.jp/articles/2012/02/18/07200374.html

==
Hadrosaurus sculpture in New Jersey

http://www.nj.com/indulge/index.ssf/2013/02/haddy_the_hadrosaurus_statue_i.html

===

Interview with paleontologist Rainer Schoch (in German)

http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.faszination-dino-shows-ein-tag-als-batrachotomus-wuerde-mir-reichen.8e756300-1ffa-4db1-8a7f-598ef96f98ee.html

Quote:

Ein Tag als ­Batrachotomus würde mir reichen. Dann könnte ich viele
Fragen beantworten, die mich seit Jahren umtreiben.

A day as Batrachotomus would satisfy me. Then I would be able to
answer many questions that have bothered me for years.