Re: AW: Trevor Dykes

My sympathy also. Trevor was always helpful when I had questions about fossil
mammals, and I much appreciated his knowledge and thoughtfulness.

- Jeff Hecht, New Scientist magaine

On Jan 2, 2013, at 8:53 AM, Mark Witton wrote:

> Indeed. Trevor was one of the first people to respond to my first foray
> into internet palaeontology, commenting on my posts at the BBC dinosaur
> forums, and was always encouraging and kind. It's very sad to hear he has
> passed away. Condolences to his family and friends.
>
> Mark
>
> On 2 January 2013 19:18, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. <tholtz@umd.edu> wrote:
>
>> So sorry to hear that. Trevor has been an important participant on the
>> list for many many years.
>>
>> Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
>> Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
>> Office: Centreville 1216
>> Senior Lecturer, Vertebrate Paleontology
>> Dept. of Geology, University of Maryland
>> http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
>> Fax: 301-314-9661
>>
>> Faculty Director, Science & Global Change Program, College Park Scholars
>> http://www.geol.umd.edu/sgc
>> Fax: 301-314-9843
>>
>> Mailing Address:        Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
>>                        Department of Geology
>>                        Building 237, Room 1117
>>                        University of Maryland
>>                        College Park, MD 20742 USA

Jeff Hecht, Correspondent, New Scientist
http://www.newscientist.com
jeff@jeffhecht.com or hechtnews@gmail.com
525 Auburn St., Auburndale, MA 02466 USA
voice 617-965-3834