Regarding terrestrial ecosystems, David mentioned *Erythrosuchus*, but we shouldn't forget Middle Triassic suchians (e.g., *Ticinosuchus*, *Arizonasaurus*, *Qianosuchus*, etc)...

Best wishes,
Jocelyn

Le 08/01/2013 00:49, Anthony Docimo a écrit :

Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 23:44:55 +0100

This find also indicates that the biotic recovery in the marine realm
may have occurred faster compared with terrestrial ecosystems, where
the first apex predators may not have evolved before the Carnian.

Um, doesn't "apex predator" just mean "eats other species, no other species eats
it"?  (so there's always an apex predator)

Or do they mean something else/in addition?  (first megafaunal apex predator,
maybe?)

--
"As a Professor of Science, I assure you we did in fact evolve from filthy monkey men." Hubert J. Farnworth.