RE: Oviraptorosaur tail forms and functions

  Based on my ignorance, I cannot think of any bird that does this. Birds,
being covered in feathers, afford themselves protection from some of the
peskier skin-piercing insects out there -- and forces specialized parasites to
evolve.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)