Re: JP 4

Godzilla .. Jaws .. Please ..  NO MORE REMAKES !!!

JP4 won't be a remake. It'll be... <scary music>... a sequel.

I did suggest [if they were  listening at all] that if they really
> wanted to recapture an awe inspiring film of this genre .. to look no
> further than Karel Zeman's masterpiece "Cesta du Pravaku" of the
> 1950's .. at least the spirit of it.

Cesta do pravěku ("journey to primordial time" in Czech... or is it "path" instead of "journey", or is that only in Slovak?) is indeed awesome and an essential part of any classical education. A remake of that one might work... but I don't quite see the point in doing one... :-) Make sure you don't get the version with the Americanized beginning.