RE: JP 4

Sorry David .. I seem to have lost that last communique.
So I'll restate part of it.

You say you don't quite see the point of a remake of Zeman's
film classic. Well .. there is no point. I think it would be
a waste of time .. if it were turned into a stand alone film.

But .. big but here .. its potential is absolutely enormous.
It couldn't be any larger. Now I realise I'm spitting into the
wind here .. but does anybody else see this ??

It would work [and make us forget JP I/ II/ III ever existed].
Zeman hit upon an idea but couldn't follow up on it. Technology
too primitive .. knowledge barely adequate .. funding non-existant.

This would work only as an advanced T.V. series aimed at the next
generation. A 300 episode series dealing with a group of children
being pulled back in time. Each segment would deal chronologically
with a geological stage of Earth history. 2-3 episodes devoted to
each STAGE. An entire generation growing up on the concept of DEEP
TIME and actually recognizing the discreet measurements of time
associated with EACH geological stage. This is accomplished by
devoting 2-3 episodes to each such STAGE.

So much could be devoted to the biota of each STAGE given 3 episodes
to concentrate on.

Toy manufacturers would be punching out plastic scale models of
every 3 episodes seen in the series. Of course .. they would need
quite a lead time to set this up.

A 300 episode series would take 10 years to complete. With a couple
puppies thrown in .. audiences worldwide would be watching these kids
and pets growing up together .. in one harrowing adventure after another
[anybody recall the interesting format of LOST-IN-SPACE .. the last
pre-Star Trek TV space series ??].

It would take a personal attachment to this teaching of geological time
to a lay audience. They would be astounded by the ebb and flow of
palaeoecosystems throughout time. We could teach so much using this kind
of personal format.

Downside ?? Get $U.S. 3 billion together 1st.

I'm outa spit ..