Re: Eosinopteryx, new paravian from China

I cannot overemphasize, having examined a whole bunch of claws, that using
the bony unguals to estimate the curvature of the living claw is extremely
unreliable, and definitely will often give errant results, and should never,
ever be done. I can also tell, just looking at the keratin sheath of the
Eosinopterx claws, that they are very straight, and unless something is very
wrong with the specimen they are much more indicative of terrestrial than
arboreal habits. This makes sense considering the short arms.

As for this primitive Jurassic beast being a troodont, that is a real
stretch. Am not even sure it is an avepectoran.