"Velociraptor" embryo claim in Peru and Charente fossils go to French museum (news)

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Some recent news stories:

Claim of "Velociraptor" embryo found in Peru (in Spanish)

Last week I posted a news story about a dinosaur egg found in Peru
(not Spain as I first mislabeled it, and then had to send a quick
correction). The claim is now being made that the specimen is in fact
a fossil embryo of a "velociraptor." However, this claim has not been
confirmed by a detailed scientific examination by a paleontologist. As
I understand the video, the identification of the fossil as a
"velociraptor" was based on a check of images on the Internet. Anyway,
the video gives a rather blurry view of the specimen. Maybe later news
stories will have a clearer image and more in-depth information.

video:
http://laprensa.pe/actualidad/noticia-video-presentan-supuesto-feto-dinosaurio-arequipa-9205\

http://www.andina.com.pe/Espanol/noticia-habrian-hallado-fosil-feto-dinosaurio-el-distrito-arequipeno-corire-464455.aspx#.UdGlXvm1FcQ

http://diariocorreo.pe/ultimas/noticias/5250081/edicion+lima/arequipa-hallan-fosil-de-feto-de-dinosaurio

***

Charente dinosaur fossils go to Angouleme Museum in France and
collection gets legal status as protected "national treasure" (in
French)

http://www.sudouest.fr/2013/06/29/des-os-qui-ont-le-statut-de-tresor-national-1100698-811.php

http://www.charentelibre.fr/2013/06/29/les-dinosaures-d-angeac-entrent-au-musee,1843695.php