Re: Number of days 100 million years ago

As noted by Tom, the 400 Myr BP distance from moon to earth is way too
close. After the moon formed very close to our planet, just outside the zone
tidal forces from our gravity would rip it apart (and tides on earth where
fanstastically high), the moon quickly spiraled away due to the initially
intense orbital dynamics, so by around 3 billion BP it was already something
like
90% its current distance (there are tables somewhere that give the exact
figures).

GSPaul </HTML>