Re: "Velociraptor" embryo claim in Peru and Charente fossils go to French museum (news)

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

The images for the third news source have been replaced since I
originally copied the url early this morning when I saw the story
online. What was there originally was a very blurry image taken off
television. Now the new photos of the supposed "velociraptor" embryo
are clear. As has been pointed out to me, the new images clearly show
some kind of modern marsupial, skinned or mummified. If this is what
the TV presentation was showing, this is clearly some kind of hoax
that involved local officials who were duped or just confused. Chalk
this up to the same category of stories as the guy who has been
claiming that a lump rock is actually a fossil bigfoot head. Sorry for
wasting people's time--unless you got a laugh out of it. This story
made national television in Peru and was in many media sources.

http://diariocorreo.pe/ultimas/noticias/5250081/edicion+lima/arequipa-hallan-fosil-de-feto-de-dinosaurio