Re: Batropetes (Amphibia, Microsauria) revised

> Since some people on the DML also work on non-dino tetrapods, this new
> paper may be of interest:

Indeed. You have no idea how happy it makes me; I've been waiting most of a
year for this paper to come out, and *Batropetes* is probably very important
for the origin of the modern amphibians (or, to put it another way, the
question of whether "microsaurs" are amphibians). :-) :-) :-)

> The functional interpretation of the skull and the locomotion apparatus
> suggests that the genus was terrestrial, living near the lakes, where
> they are preserved in the sediments.

The body shape and stuff has always let that seem like a reasonable
interpretation, but *Batropetes* is surprisingly common in those lake
sediments. I'll have to read the paper in detail.