RE: Genyornis (?) depicted in ancient Aboriginal rock art and other paleo news

All:

The studies I've seen indicate that human predation was the tipping point - in
combination with the ice age, and the decreased area of available prey [for the
predators]/hiding places [from the predators] - partially due to increased
human habitation.

(Essentially the same as Richard said).

Allan Edels