RE: Yet more on pterosaur quad arm posture

But as I was saying, this referred to the mammalogist's definition. So climbing
(with claws or with prehensile feet or what have you) is the way to get up in
the trees.

So again: to mammalogists, arboreal vs. scansorial is more about WHERE the
animal lives & feeds vs. rests, whereas to ornithologists it is about how they
get there.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216