Re: Yet more on pterosaur quad arm posture

OK, my incredule, here is a flightless Weka (Gallirallus australis) in a
shrub:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trs/3476131920/

And, as I say, chicks and pinioned birds that can't fly do it too.

Jason Brougham
Senior Principal Preparator
American Museum of Natural History
jaseb@amnh.org