RE: Yet more on pterosaur quad arm posture

OK, my incredule, here is a flightless Weka (Gallirallus australis) in a
shrub:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trs/3476131920/

And, as I say, chicks and pinioned birds that can't fly do it too. Of course
Strigops does as well, but it is zygodactylous, after all.

Jason Brougham
Senior Principal Preparator
American Museum of Natural History
jaseb@amnh.org