Re: Yet more on dinosaur quad climbers

> Again, "big spectacular feathers evolved for flight" is an assumption.
>  You seem certain on this point, but your certainty alone does not
> turn opinion into fact.

Large feathers on the arms would have an aerodynamic effect.  If they
evolved for other purposes, it would cause the use of the arms to be
useless, which would be an astonishing development.  For Microraptor it
would disable arms and legs.

It would seem that as soon as large feathers developed, for what ever
reason, they would have needed to be useful for mobilty when the arms
are used.

Ruben