RE: Yet more on pterosaur quad arm posture

> OK, my incredule, here is a flightless Weka (Gallirallus australis) in a
shrub:

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/trs/3476131920/
>
> And, as I say, chicks and pinioned birds that can't fly do it too.

Let me just quote from what it says under the photo:

"Wekas really aren't meant to be off the ground, and the best part was when
this particular one kept falling off the branch. I saw this silly bird on Ulva
Island, a small island in a bay of Stewart Island."

"The tree was more of a large shrub, and it hopped up from branch to branch."

Seriously, this does not count as climbing.

> Of course Strigops does as well, but it is zygodactylous, after all.

It's a parrot. Parrots _are_ good climbers.