Re: Yet more on dinosaur quad climbers

> How does having long feathers render a limb useless?

try it yourself.  Stick long lightweight and strong planes onto your
arms and walk down the street.  I think you will find the affect very
enlightening :)

Birds, and dinos, in general don't use arm feathers for display, and for good
reason.  You need to tuck the feathers out of the way when you are
moving around with any speed.  The tail feathers are for display.  Maybe
a Trex used its arm feathers for display.