Re: Yet more on dinosaur quad climbers

On Jul 12, 2013, at 4:46 PM, Ruben Safir <ruben@mrbrklyn.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 02:51:22PM -0700, Mike Habib wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 12, 2013, at 2:31 PM, Ruben Safir <ruben@mrbrklyn.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Also, for almost all birds, at breeding season, the beaks turn color
>>> but to imply beaks evoloved for dispaly makes as much sense as flight
>>> feathers.
>>
>> This argument makes no sense to me.
>
> I know

Funny.  Perhaps you missed that my comment was a polite way of saying the
argument doesn't make sense in general.  I know what you're *trying* to say:
you think that feathers seem so specifically adapted to flight, that you can't
imagine them evolving for anything else.  Which is a silly argument.

>> I gave you a long list of robust examples where the wings are used in
>> displayo
>

> You gave an irrelivent list.  I've made the proper points.  You will
> either come around or not.  It matters not to me.

And what would a relevant list be, then?  How about *most* passerine birds (for
which wing display is second in frequency only to vocal display).  But
regardless, if your argument is "I'm right and you will change your mind
because obviously all counter examples don't matter", then the discussion is
clearly over.

--Mike