Re: Yet more on dinosaur quad climbers

On Jul 12, 2013, at 6:58 PM, Ruben Safir <ruben@mrbrklyn.com> wrote:

> He might present something reasonable.
> I'm always interested in hearing.

If you want to stop being condescending and present some data, then I'd be
interesting hearing.

> PS - the turtle problem is different.  Accerting that the shell was
> not evolved because of its amour advantage would be the equivilent
> argument…

Indeed.  And in a similar sense, the early stages of shell expansion may not
have been for armor, because the earliest changes in the turtle skeleton may
not have conferred much protection.  Just as for feathers, a functional shift
likely occurred.  Structures don't evolve for functions they'll have later.

--Mike