RE: Yet more on dinosaur quad climbers

> Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 21:58:26 -0400
> From: ruben@mrbrklyn.com
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: Yet more on dinosaur quad climbers
>

>> if it doesn't matter to you, why reply? why keep saying he's wrong?

> I'm enjoying reading his explanations for the development of aerodynamic
> wings for an advantage other than flight. It would be easier, however, if
> he got a decent editor to use. He might present something reasonable.

 not sure I see the link between idea generation & email editors... but my
email can read it fine.

(oddly, when I reply to you, all the paragraph breaks vanish, then my email
corrects for that)

> Anyway, it is now getting boring because he is not coming up with
> anything new or of interest.

? how can you say he isn't coming up with anything of interest, if you dismiss
everything he says almost before he finishes saying it?

> PS - the turtle problem is different. Accerting that the shell was
> not evolved because of its amour advantage would be the equivilent
> argument...

 not as I see it - a great many groups of turtles can draw their heads into
their shells or under the protection at least of the shell's edge... so one
must assume that that (like the paint on Mark Twain's Eiffel Tower) was the
whole purpose for it.