RE: Yet more on dinosaur quad climbers

>> But we can't be certain that halluces are inevitable can we?
>
>Oh no; I mean adaptations to climbing or perching in general -- anything that
>would stop the weka from falling off all the time.

Given small bipedal flap-flyers and deep time, I think they effectively were --
the terminal branch environment is so incrementally useful, if one has the
talent to exploit it...

BTW! What is the latest informed consensus relative to exploitation of the
terminal branch environment by the various pteros?

Didn't the birds have a "better mousetrap", and a relatively clear field of
play?

Google brings up a (ahem!) wide range of opinions...