Re: The Roosting Hypothesis

Well, just to stress a point -- I've never consciously advanced GFTR as a
hypothesis -- it is just a lifestyle --  speculative selective implications of
which falsify a hypothesis. E.g., that a trees-down flight path would
inevitably be coupled with or presaged by "arboreal" skeletal adaptations.
:
If I actually used the phrase "GFTR hypothesis", it was my mistake,  and I
retract it.

 Although it definitely predicts worn claws :).

I also think that GSP's effort to rule habitual terrestrial with the hind foot
as out or in is extremely sensible, even long overdue.