RE: Yet more on pterosaur quad arm posture

I see, thank you for your gracious reply.

What has sometimes rubbed me the wrong way in our discussions is your use of
absolute language, favoring words like "was" or "is", when different
authoritative sources may actually disagree on those points and when,
regardless of any disagreement, those sources maintain the proper scientific
uncertainty in their language. You say:

Fowler et al. (2011) are of the same view: "As such, the first
appearance of a fully reversed hallux is uncertain, and may not be
strictly definable since translocation was probably gradual."

Yet, you see, you said that it "was" gradual, when the authors that you cite
use properly qualified language: "uncertain", "may", "probably".

I would not be such a stickler on tone, except that you have accused others of
being unscientific in the past. I would hate for a  student doing internet
research in paleontology to see your opinions on the DML and to think that the
final word is that Epidexipteryx has a clearly different foot morphology from
Epidendrosaurus.

For example, the gradual evolution of the reversed hallux could be a relative
term, and open to debate as well. It could just as likely have arisen in a
hypothetical "end Jurassic radiation", that took just a few million years to
give rise to the confuciusornithids, sapeornithids, jeholornithids, and diverse
enantiornithines and ornithuromorphs that we see in the Early Cretaceous. Bird
diversity increased explosively after the K-T Event, perhaps this was analogous
in its suddenness. Indeed, this is what O'connor, Chiappe and Bell suggest in
Pre-modern Birds: Avian Divergences in the Mesozoic (2011) in Living Dinosaurs,
Wiley. (see Fig. 3.20)

So I humbly beg your consideration in adopting more open - minded language. I
will patrol my own as well.

Thank You.