Comment now on proposed USFS regulations for paleontology!

As a follow-up to my links of last week (given again at the end of
this email), Matt Brown has a thoughtful and thorough post at The
Integrative Paleontologists blog on the positive side of proposed USFS
regulations for paleontology. You can read it here:

http://blogs.plos.org/paleo/2013/07/19/counterpoint-proposed-usfs-regulations-are-good-for-paleontology-and-the-american-people

No matter what your thoughts on the matter (and there is considerable
diversity of opinion), please comment on the proposed regulations by
Monday. You can read the regulations and submit a formal comment at:

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/05/23/2013-12173/paleontological-resources-preservation

Best,

Andy Farke

Links to original posts written by me with input from colleagues,
presenting additional viewpoints on the pluses and minuses of the
proposed regulations:

http://blogs.plos.org/paleo/2013/07/05/act-now-proposed-us-forest-service-regulations-are-bad-for-paleontology/

http://blogs.plos.org/paleo/2013/07/16/help-revise-proposed-us-forest-service-regulations-for-paleontology-comment-now/

Statement by Paleontological Society: