Re: A tough question...or is it?

What's interesting about dinosaurs? Whether something is or is not
interesting is entirely subjective. To convince another person's
subjective mind to accept a subjective perception (in this case, that
dinosaurs are interesting), you have to appeal to what that person
relates to and finds meaningful in life.

Know your audience, in other words. Some people will never accept that
dinosaurs have any deeper relevance in their lives, while others will
have a lot of enthusiasm based on different life experiences and
ideologies. There's no universal standard that applies.

The study of dinosaurs does have some practical benefits, as well
(evolutionary principles and climate change being the two biggest that
spring to my mind), but overall the practical benefits are not
especially tangible - popular marketing excepted. In my experience,
it's difficult to convince people that dinosaurs are worth knowing
about based on practical arguments alone.