Re: A tough question...or is it?

Because there are so delicious, of course ! Don't forget that they are a vital source of proteins - meat and eggs - in many countries.

Regarding fossil dinosaurs, let's say that the number of people going to the Galerie of Paleontology in Paris is alone enough to understand why people study dinosaurs. Because people wants to see them, to touch them, to know everything about them. So, we get money to work on dinosaurs. Nothing more. Replace "dinosaurs" by "football" and the answer will be the same.

Although I'd like to have as much money as football players to do paleontology ! ;-)

Jocelyn

PS: You can also replace "dinosaurs" by "Justin Bieber", given the number of chicks that are gathering for his concerts...