To: <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>
Cc: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: Tyrannosaurus posture in students' art

Actually, nearly all of the old-school (i.e., kangaroo-posture)
theropod toys I had as a kid were mostly or partially hollow. Some
(most?) of the quadrupeds were as well - I think it's more of a way to
save on plastic than to produce a specific posture. Just cheaper to
manufacture.

Come to think of it, I can't recall any dinosaur figures (and I had a
*lot*) except for my Carnegie collection that *weren't* hollow to some
degree, despite the rampant postural (and other) inaccuracies. The
bargain-bin ones, the "Playskool" ones, the Dino-Rider toys . . . all
hollow to at least some degree. I guess the small trinket-type ones
were the only exception.