Re: Larry Martin

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

The following related news item should be of interest.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2013/mar/12/late-ku-paleontologist-martin-brought-prehistoric-/

Some of the statements seem questionable, however....

"After new fossil discoveries in China during the past 15 years,
Martin pushed a theory that birds had co-existed with dinosaurs — in
contrast to the accepted theory that birds had actually evolved from
dinosaurs."

"His work caused some contention, Krishtalka said. But Feduccia said
many scientists now agree with Martin’s ideas."