Giant Oligocene bird from Peru (news story)

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

OK--not Mesozoic, but giant birds (1.8 m tall) qualify as interesting
theropods. I am trying to sort out the details from the various news
stories online (in Spanish, French, and German). Some versions call
the bird a "pelican" and others indicate that its identity is less
clear and it may have resembled a pelican. The specimen preserves
skin. At least one news story is in English-- HOWEVER, I am not
certain that the photo of a pelagornithid jaw is actually from the
specimen....

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-92476-Fossils-of-a-giant-bird-unearthed-in-Peru

These photos are of the real specimen and show remains of skin.

http://peru.com/actualidad/nacionales/ica-mira-restos-piel-fosilizada-ave-gigantesca-hace-35-millones-anos-fotos-noticia-127246

In Spanish:
http://www.dca.gob.gt/index.php/diversidad/item/14382-hallan-en-per%C3%BA-f%C3%B3sil-de-ave-gigante-que-vivi%C3%B3-hace-35-millones-de-a%C3%B1os.html

In French: