Re: I wonder if this ever happened to pterosaurs?

Any creature that kills other creatures for food are also opportunists. Spiders included. Look at the variety of hunting and trapping methods spiders employ and the variety of prey that fall victim. I’ve seen photos [and nature films] of spiders of all types and sizes, ambush, outwardly attack, snare, and entangle, small and sometimes large, on the ground, on the wing, and sometimes very deadly prey. So did spiders ever make a meal out of pterosaurs, I ‘d have to say...a strong, yes!

John Schneiderman