Invitation to Minisymposia - Computational Models 2014

11th. World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM2014)
5th. European Conference on Computational Mechanics (ECCM V)
6th. European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ECFD VI)
July 20 - 25, 2014, Barcelona, Spain

Dear colleague,
On behalf of the WCCM-ECCM-ECFD2014 Organizing Committee, it is a
great pleasure to invite you to the Minisymposia for this joint
congress called ADVANCES IN COMPUTATIONAL MODELS FOR VERTEBRATE
STRUCTURES IN BIOLOGY AND PALAEONTOLOGY to be held in Barcelona, July
20- July 25th, 2014. The aim of this Minisymposia is to discuss in a
computational context the advances done in the field of the biology
and palaeontology when computational models are used.
How do tissues respond to load?  How much precision model is required
for our analysis? How accurately the computational models reflect
reality? How to test evolutionary hypothesis using computation models?
Discuss about inductive versus deductive studies. All these questions
(and more) will be discussed on the Minisymposia.

We think that a contribution about your work could be highly
interesting for the development of the Minisymposia and we encourage
you to submit a one page abstract via the congress website
(http://www.wccm-eccm-ecfd2014.org/). The congress is now open for
abstracts submission. Abstracts must be submitted electronically via
the conference website before November 29th, 2013. Acceptance letters
will be sent to the authors on January 31, 2014. We’ll update
information in the next letter. Please do not hesitate to contact us
for any question concerning the Minisymposia.

Sincerely,

Jordi Marcé-Nogué (jordi.marce@upc.edu)
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya

Josep Fortuny (josep.fortuny@icp.cat)