Re: K-Pg extinction global firestorms

Two species of angiosperm  pollen do apparently go extinct in NZ at
> the K-T. But the other forest species apparently all came back,
> eventually. There is also one or more fern spikes.

There's also a fungal spike: everything died and went moldy. And when the forests had grown back, there are wild swings in their composition for a long time; it looks like the hydrological cycle was completely out of whack.

Source: a very short paper in Science from long ago. One of the authors is called Vajda. (...Warning: I'm sure it was Science -- but I confuse Nature and Science fairly often.)