Re: 2 questions: "horizon" in anatomy, and the absurd Nyctosaurus

On Nov 23, 2013, at 5:07 PM, Ruben Safir <ruben@mrbrklyn.com> wrote:

> :)  One day a Pterosaur was born with a HUGE HEAVY BONE ANTLER in the
> middle of its skull, and all the female pterosaurs said, "Yo - I have to
> have pterosaurlets with one of those!  How cool.  And a new species was
> born.
>
> I'd love to see intermediates for this species.

Ha! I like it. Jokes aside, though, I would like to see intermediates as well.
Sadly, we don't have any at present.

I do note, though, that the crest in Nyctosaurus was probably not that heavy,
really. It still would be costly, of course.

--MBH