Attending A Recently Awkward Dinner

Well .. this is going to be a strange one DMLers but .. I thought
perhaps I'd pass this along for those of you finding yourselves in
the somewhat awkward moment that I found myself in just recently.
My family is large. All are quite wealthy. They're all sharks when
it comes to business. Being family .. we all went out to dinner
together with other business associates of their's. It was nice to
see my family together like that [we're all scattered everywhere].
I was somewhat quiet .. didn't fit in entirely. It was a nice atmosphere
nevertheless .. when one of these guys .. noticing I was somewhat out of
the conversation ..turned to me and asked .. "so your brother tells me
you're into dinosaurs ..palaeontology .."
The proverbial laughter, chuckles all around [been there too many times].
Another buiness associate piped up .. "what kind of a field is that ?!?
Where's the money in that ?!?" More chuckles around the table of about
a dozen or so.
One wife of one associate piped in quietly .. "You're embarrassing him"
Well .. admittedly .. it was awkward .. and I was about to make it more
so.
This time I decided .. in a nice [or not so] way to spike the ball back
into their court. I reasoned they could "throw" but never learned to
"catch".
Can't remember his name or educational background but I did ask him what
business college .. if any .. did he participate in. He told me. I told
him that obviously they probably don't teach palaeontology as part of your
business education [that's the lead in line .. and he took the bait] ..
He intoned .. "why would they ?!?"
And this is the mantra that I recited back to this guy :
- Palaeontology is an historical science
- It's the study of one of the most successful products ever encountered
  by man. It is called DNA or Life]
- It is a product that has survived unscathed for over 3 billion years
- It is a product that has never become obsolete
- It's a product that can fit into and still be useful in any new or any
  concievable environment
- It never becomes obsolete
- It takes advantage of any and all adversity
- It is absolutely resilient to the vagaries of change
- It adapts quickly without being instructed to do so
- It's the most complex product ever developed on this planet
- It was the 1st product ever to successfully use :
  Mass production
  Mass distribution
  Mass differentiation
  Mass diversification
- A product able to reverse entropy at will
- No known product comes even close to this product's performance
"So let me understand this .. in business school .. they never taught you
 palaeontology .. and why is this ?!?"
He looked around as if asking for someone to get him out of this awkward
position that he had placed himself in. No one asked me anything after that.
The dinner tasted better than I had hoped for.