Re: Blogging SVP

> *Chriacus* and bats are sister-groups,

Yikes.  This may have major repercussions for the origin of flight in
Chiroptera.  The scansorial abilities of _Chriacus_ are well attested
- it's been compared to a modern coati (_Nasua_) in its arboreal
habits (Rose, KD, 1987; Science 236: 314-316).  _Chriacus_ has
traditionally been considered an arctocyonid... so it makes sense that
the "arctocyonids" are scattered to the four winds in this analysis.

> *Brontosaurus* and *Eobrontosaurus* were resurrected today

I didn't know _Eobrontosaurus_ was ever dead (although it was at one
stage synonymized with _Camarasaurus_, e.g., Upchurch et al., 2004;
although see dml.cmnh.org/2005Feb/msg00289.html).

But I'm surprised that _Brontosaurus_ was brought back to life
(appropriate for Halloween?).

Cheers

Tim