RE: First fossils of Tyrannosaurus (as Dynamosaurus) to be displayed at British Natural History Museum

Dale beat me to it. Yes, both Cope's Manospondylus type and Marsh's
Lancian specimens of Ornithomimus grandis are T. rex specimens that
predate the Dynamosaurus type.

As for the Mano quarry, check out:
Breithaupt, B.H., E.H. Southwell & N.A. Matthews. 2008. Wyoming's
<i>Dynamosaurus imperiosus</i> and other early discoveries of
<i>Tyrannosaurus rex</i> in the Rocky Mountain West. in the Indiana Univ.
Press Tyrannosaurus rex: the Tyrant King volume.

On Sun, September 1, 2013 1:55 pm, dale mcinnes wrote:
> So .. whatever happened to Manospondylus gigas ?!?
>
> I heard that the original quarry was relocated and that the large centrum
> taken by Brown was indeed part of that [old/ new] specimen. Any updates
> ?!?
>

>> Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 09:18:29 -0700
>> From: bcreisler@gmail.com
>> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
>> Subject: First fossils of Tyrannosaurus (as Dynamosaurus) to be
>> displayed at British Natural History Museum
>>
>> From: Ben Creisler
>> bcreisler@gmail.com
>>

>> A news story with video about the historically first specimen of
>> Tyrannosaurus found and later sold to the British Natural History
>> Museum. This was the specimen originally named Dynamosaurus imperiosus
>> by Osborn.
>>

>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/dinosaurs/10278054/How-Tyrannosaurus-rex-was-nearly-more-of-a-mouthful.html

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084