RE: Dinosaur tail traces.review

I always assumed that this was a shift in posture ..
slowing down .. sniffing the air for odours by positioning
the nostrils higher. This would neccesitate a slowing of
forward momentum as well. The abstract sort of suggests that
the animals were still moving forward.

You know .. I've seen this in the Peace River canyons in B.C.
The animals weren't stopping. They were big ornithopods [Gething
Form. .. Aptian times].

There was one apparently [? stalking] if you want to call it
that [metatarsals were clearly visible] but it was still moving
forward with no trace of tail drag.

I'm willing to bet that we're looking at a radical change in
posture. Unfortunately .. don't have a clue how you could test
this ..

If anybody's got the paper ..