Reiszerpeton, new dissorophid from Permian of Texas

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

A new non-dino paper that may be of interest:

Hillary C. Maddin, Nadia B. Fröbisch, David C. Evans, Andrew R. Milner (2013)
Reappraisal of the Early Permian amphibamid Tersomius texensis and
some referred material.
Comptes Rendus Palevol (advance online publication)
doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.crpv.2013.06.007
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S163106831300105X

The accuracy of the taxonomic assignment of three skulls in the
collections of the Museum of Comparative Zoology (Harvard University)
to the Early Permian taxon Tersomius texensis has been called into
question. Here, we re-evaluate the holotype of T. texensis and the
three MCZ specimens within the context of discoveries made over the
last few years. The results of our phylogenetic analyses corroborate
our morphological assessments, revealing that only one of the three
skulls (MCZ 1912) is assignable to T. texensis. We identify MCZ 1415
as Pasawioops cf. P. mayi, otherwise known only from Oklahoma, and MCZ
1911 as a new genus and species of dissorophid. Study of the three MCZ
skulls reveals previously unrecognized diversity of temnospondyls in
the coastal fauna represented in the Archer City Formation of Texas.