Titanosaur phylogeny for Late Cretaceous SW Europe and other blog and news items

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

As far as I can determine, the abstract book is not available yet
online for the current  VI International Symposium about Dinosaurs
Palaeontology and their Environment [VI Jornadas Internacionales sobre
Paleontología de Dinosaurios y su Entorno] in Salas de los Infantes
(Burgos) in Spain. The program can be seen at:

http://vijornadassalas.blogspot.com/2013_09_01_archive.html

The Spanish-language blog El cuaderno de Godzillín
(http://godzillin.blogspot.com/)
has been reproducing a number of the abstract texts. The current
posting (abstract in English) is for :

Díez-Díaz, V.; García, G.; Pereda-Suberbiola, X.; Valentin, X.; Sanz,
J.L. 2013 Phylogenetic relationships of the titanosaurian dinosaurs
from the Late Cretaceous of the Ibero-Armorican Island. In: Torcida
Fernández-Baldor, F.; Huerta, P. (Eds.). Abstract book of the VI
International Symposium about Dinosaurs Palaeontology and their
Environment: 60-62.

http://godzillin.blogspot.com/2013/09/las-relaciones-filogeneticas-de-los.html

===
The abstract for a new crocodile from the conference can be seen at:

http://godzillin.blogspot.com/2013/09/un-nuevo-cocodrilo-eusuquio-basal-de-lo.html

Narváez, I.; Ortega, F.; Brochu, C.; Escaso, F. 2013 A new basal
eusuchian crocodile from the Late Cretaceous of Lo Hueco (Cuenca,
Spain). In: Torcida Fernández-Baldor, F.; Huerta, P. (Eds.). Abstract
book of the VI International Symposium about Dinosaurs Palaeontology
and their Environment: 96-97.

*****
BBC interview with paleontologist Michael Benton:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b039px7q

==
Upcoming Isle of Wight dinosaur conference:

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/conference-is-dinosaur-coup-50952.aspx

****
A number of news stories in French that may be pertinent to the
Spanish crocodile discussed above are listed below.  A plastic mold
from a complete skull specimen (apparently Allodaposuchus) found at
Velaux, France, goes on display, with videos (first video shows skull
mold in detail) (in French)

http://www.maritima.info/actualites/culture/departement/4965/le-crocodile-de-velaux-revient-a-la-maison-.html

http://www.velaux.fr/remise_moulage_crocodile_sept_2013_art.html

http://www.maritima.info/depeches/nature/departement/24355/un-crocodile-a-velaux-.html

Another version of the videos about the skull mold with arguably
overblown use of the Jurassic Park theme music added (it's just a
piece of plastic, not the real fossil after all!) (in French)

http://vimeo.com/74173970

Story in English from last year about the discovery of remains of  the
titanosaur Atsinganosaurus at the same site:

http://www.rivieratimes.com/index.php/provence-cote-dazur-article/items/new-dinosaur-species-found-in-provence.html

==

Controversy about moving paleontology collection in Neuquen (in Spanish)

http://www.rionegro.com.ar/diario/la-unc-dice-que-no-impulsa-traslado-de-centro-paleontologico-1252337-9574-nota.aspx

===

Video in German about 2011 Dinosaurs of Europe exhibit at
Sauriermuseum in Aathal, Switzerland, first posted a few months ago.
The Swiss-German accent is hard for me to follow, I'm afraid. Dr.
Hans-Jakob Siber gets quite enthusiastic about how some specimens were
discovered and dug up, and my German falters in places. The YouTube
automatic captioning thinks the language being spoken is Dutch, which
makes for pretty incoherent text that is no help. Some nice views of
fossils and reconstructed casts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_Uw1COvC5w