Re: A question for zoonomenclaturists

> He himself recognized that it was an infinitive and not a participle, a
> name, an adjective, or a substantive, as he should have done according
> to Article 11.9.1, given that this name comes from Latin.

I can't tell if that counts as "treated as [...] a noun in the genitive case",
then. If the author is explicitly aware that infinitives aren't (strictly
speaking) nouns, it might not...

Incidentally, Latin has a form for what the author was aiming at: the gerund.
The genitive of _docere_ is _docendi_, "of teaching", as in _venia docendi_,
"permission to teach" (what the permission to teach at German-speaking
universities is still often called).